I thought the early months of 2017 would be a quieter time to sew some garments, build my skills, and develop my online store. But surprisingly, it seems there are quite a few craft shows happening out there!
Chinchilla Whiskers will be at these upcoming shows. I hope you’ll add these to your calendar!
Puplandia Valentine’s Day Shopping Extravaganza on Saturday, February 4, 2017 11 am – 3 pm at the Oaks Park Dance Pavilion. This show features over 50 amazing vendors of local art and craft. It is a fundraiser for Puplandia Dog Rescue. If that’s not enough to draw you in, there will be a puppy kissing booth!
Buckman Art Show + Sell 2017 on Saturday & Sunday, March 11-12, 2017 at Buckman Arts Focus Elementary School in SE Portland. I have always enjoyed attending this show as a shopper, especially art created by the students! The Buckman show features 140 artists and makers selling their original artwork, furniture, toys, jewelry, textiles, paper creations, photography, paintings, ceramics and more! Plus there’s live music and dance performances, food cart deliciousness, free children’s art activities, and more.
Hope you’ll stop by and say hello!
Add to your calendar! Chinchilla Whiskers will be at the Buckman Art Show + Sell in 2017.
Thank you to everyone who came out to Llewellyn Elementary, the Portland Waldorf School and The Arleta School!
This fall was the first time I was able to fully commit to sewing and selling. But I often think, why am I taking time making all these things? My tagline is “handmade smiles” and yes, sewing makes me happy and gives smiles to my customers. But it’s not like I’m making the world a better place or helping those in need.
So, I decided to donate 50% of my sales to organizations included in this year’s Give! Guide. The Give! Guide includes 141 Portland nonprofits and puts them under one digital roof. They range from nonprofits that focus on animals, civil and human rights, education, environment, health, human services and more.
I am happy to report that together we raised $635 to donate to local organizations! While all the nonprofits are worthy and it was very difficult to narrow down, I whittled it to 5 — giving $127 to each. Thank you to those who recommended organizations to me! I also chose organizations that have been important in my life.
The organizations Chinchilla Whiskers donated to are:
- Baby Blues Connection — Provides free support, information and resources to women and families coping with pregnancy and postpartum depression.
- Bradley Angle — Serves all people experiencing, or at risk of, domestic violence, by providing safety, education, empowerment, healing and hope.
- Farmers Ending Hunger — Partners with Oregon farmers and ranchers who donate extra crops of produce, vegetables, fruit, wheat and cattle to help feed Oregon’s hungry. The donated food is transported and processed for use in emergency relief boxes coordinated and distributed by the Oregon Food Bank’s regional network.
- Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette — Provides, promotes and protects access to reproductive health care.
- Portland Animal Welfare Team (PAW) — Keeps people and pets together during the most difficult times of their lives by providing free veterinary care to the pets of the homeless and those living in acute poverty.
Again, thank you so much for supporting Chinchilla Whiskers but also for helping others! Happy Holidays!
Had great time at the Kinton Grange Antique Faire & Craft Show yesterday! Thank you to everyone who came out. It was a wonderfully run fundraiser for the Kinton Grange and I hope they make it an annual event.
So far, Chinchilla Whiskers has two more shows lined up this fall. Start your holiday shopping early. Hope that you can come out and say hi! I’ll be adding more to the Etsy shop too!
Scratch Made Market
13770 SW Pacific Highway
Saturday, October 15th
10 am – 4 pm
Featuring over 40 of the areas most talented makers of handmade wares!
Llewellyn Holiday Market
6301 SE 14th Avenue
Portland, OR 97202
Saturday November 19th
10 am – 5 pm